This is the first revision of the MegaMod PCB. It’s based on the Sebastian Kienzl’s code and The Mega Amp circuit by Ace and Villahed94.
- Crystal clear sound – Change Filtered / Unfiltered modes via manual switch on the board (The Mega Amp)
- Switchless mod – change region / video modes via the Reset button
- LED indicator – 3 color external LED shows the current mode (Green – EU, Red – JAP, Orange – US). It replaces the original LED on the console board.
Audio switching is done with the manual flip switch on the board. Once the board is installed you can chose your preference.
Here’s how the Reset button works:
- Short press <250ms – normal console reset
- Long press between 250ms and 1250ms – 50/60 Hz on-the-fly switch (after button is released the LED flashes slow – 50Hz or fast – 60Hz)
- Hold for more than 1250ms – As long as the button is pressed, the regions are cycled through (1sec each). After the button is released the region-setting gets changed and the console will reset so the new region-settings take effect.
All settings are stored in the internal memory, so after console reset it will remain in the last set mode.
Here’s the MegaMod installed in a MD2 VA1.8 PAL board:
Before you decide to buy the mod here’s some considerations:
Model 1 VA0 to VA6.8 – sound is good, audio fix is NOT needed, switchless mod can be applied
Model 1 VA7 – sound is bad, audio fix is needed, switchless mod can be applied (complete mod)
Model 2 VA0 to VA4 – sound is bad, audio fix is needed, switchless mod can be applied (complete mod)
Model 3 VA1 to VA2 – sound is bad, audio fix is needed, switchless mod can be applied (complete mod)
So depending on what console you want to mod you will either use only the switchless mod, or use the audio fix and the switchless mod.
For example, If you decide to mod a model 1 (unless it’s a VA7) you will use only the switchless part of my board. Audio part will not be used.
If you decide to mod a model 2 VA1 (which has the worst sound) you will end up with a perfectly sounding console with a switchless region mod installed.
Please note that when you install the MegaMod board, switching between 50/60 HZ will work only with RGB SCART cable.
Composite video and S-video will work only for the mode the console is manufactured for (NTSC USA – 60HZ, PAL EUROPE – 50Hz).
Installation instructions will be provided in the form of pictures after purchase.
Warning! I take no responsibility is you mess this modification up. I always test every single board, so I guarantee my board is tested before sent. Do at your own risk, or get someone more experienced to do it for you!
- 1 x MegaMod v1.0 board
- 1 x 3 color LED
Price: 26.00 EUR
Price includes packing and worldwide registered shipping.
Out of stock.