Hi guys, good news. I’ve completed testing my board with TMC2208 from Watterott.
So, why using TMC2208? Mainly because:
stealthChop2™ No-noise, high-precision chopper algorithm for inaudible motion and inaudible standstill of the motor. Allows faster motor acceleration and deceleration than stealthChop™ and extends stealthChop to low stand still motor currents.
Benefits of using stealthChop2:
– Significantly improved microstepping with low cost motors
– Motor runs smooth and quiet
– Absolutely no standby noise
– Reduced mechanical resonance yields improved torque
– Reduced motor working temperature
I highly recommend using these instead of TMC2100. The main reason is the increased torque and lower motor temperatures. Here’s the manual on how to do it: